Buying a home? We can help.
A mortgage that fits your plan
Use these calculators to determine what type of mortgage you can afford, and what your mortgage payments will be.
The right mortgage…the right rate
Take advantage of our limited-time mortgage promotions.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much can I afford?
There are many variables that factor into determining the mortgage you can afford. This includes your down payment, income, and any other debt you are currently managing.
Use our mortgage affordability calculator to help you estimate the maximum home price you can afford.
What will my mortgage payments be?
Your payment is determined by the amortization, term/rate, and payment frequency selected.
Use our mortgage payment calculator to model various payment scenarios to determine which best suits your situation.
How do I become mortgage-free sooner?
There are a few ways you can do this. You can accelerate your mortgage payments (see example below), make one or more lump sum payments, or shorten your amortization period.
Accelerating your payment
Example: $100,000 fixed rate mortgage at 5%, 25 year amortization
|Frequency||Payment||Interest paid||Interest savings||Mortgage free|
|Accelerated Bi-weekly||$290.81||$62,044.27||$12,435.62||21 years, 6 months|
If I change my mortgage, is there a penalty?
If you are thinking about refinancing, making a lump sum payment or paying off your Investors Group mortgage consider the following:
- How can I accelerate the pay down of my mortgage without incurring a prepayment
- What is a mortgage prepayment charge?
- How do I calculate my prepayment charge?
- What is the impact of rising or falling interest rates on my prepayment charge?
- If rates are decreasing, how do I know if I can benefit from paying off my mortgage early?
- Prepayment charge calculation examples
- Prepayment charge calculator